Monday, March 26, 2007

Never leave home without a sandwich

Jen and I went for a walk on Saturday. It was meant to be a leisurely stroll along a tiny stretch of the gower Peninsula. We got lost. It became a monster marathon without end. Foolishly we'd not packed any food for the journey. I now realise that being lost and hungry can bring with it a frightening sense of apathy for one's safety. "I'm lost and I don't care". In our weakened state we eventually asked for directions and struck out for home. It took ages. We argued. We now ache.

It was amazingly good fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger A.J. said...

Perhaps you should never leave home without a map, sandwich, bottled water and a pillow for the occasional nap if you get grumpy from lack of food and to much walking?

Perhaps it's just me that requires naps when grumpy, hungry or tired!

6:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home